Prepayment Terms and Conditions
Prepayment means that you have paid for your rental in advance, at the time of booking.
If you have prepaid your rental, the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation is subject to the following terms and conditions (the "Terms"). If You do not agree with these Terms, You may cancel your reservation as provided in Section 5 below and You will still be able to book online and pay for your rental at the rental location, subject to the applicable rate.
• 1. Subject to specific temporary promotions that may apply, prepaid rates are non-discountable and cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. The Europcar Prepayment Confirmation is not transferable to any third party. Only the card holder can benefit from prepaid rates.
• 2. Rates exclude all applicable charges which are not expressly mentioned on the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation as included, and any optional additional services for which the customer may be liable. The same credit card as the one used at the time of the prepayment must be presented at the Europcar rental counter at time of pick-up to cover any additional non-anticipated charges not covered by the prepayment amount. An authorization will be obtained at time of rental and only on return of the vehicle will the corresponding charges be posted to the credit card.
• 3. In some countries, a non-waivable amount may apply if the vehicle is stolen or damaged, for whatever reason, even if Collision Damage Waive (“CDW”), Theft Waiver (“TW”) and/or Loss and Damage Waiver (“LDW”) has been purchased or are included in the rental charges.
• 4. You may amend your reservation free of charge, by using the same booking channel as the one used for your reservation or by contacting our local Call Center. Amendment to the reservation may affect the rental rates and may require a new Europcar Prepayment Confirmation to be issued. Amendment to the reservation may affect the rental rates and may require a new Europcar Prepayment Confirmation to be issued.
• 5. You may cancel your reservation by using the same booking channel as the one used for your reservation or by contacting our local Call Center. Cancellations made through the Europcar reservation website will take effect when recorded in the Europcar reservation system.
You may cancel your prepaid reservation as follows:
- You may cancel the reservation free of charge up to 48h before the rental is due to start.
Prepaid reservations that are cancelled on the date of pick-up or less than 48h before the rental pick-up time are fully refunded less a fee according to country of rental (please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire of your country of rental, by clicking here and selecting your country of rental.This amount will be charged either in local currency or in your card billing currency, where applicable and at the exchange rate & conditions valid at time of transaction).
- If You have not cancelled and fail to come to the Europcar rental location to pick up the Vehicle, the prepaid amount will be refunded less a “no show” fee according to country of rental (please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire, and more particularly Tariff’s Guide of your country of rental, by clicking here and selecting your country of rental). This amount will be charged either in local currency or in your card billing currency, where applicable and at the exchange rate and conditions valid at time of transaction.
• 6. If the amendments to the reservation are not made according to Article 4, no refunds shall be given for unused days for rentals ended early (i.e. the customer returns the vehicle before the end of the agreed rental period) or late collections, if the customer fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date or cancellations made after the due rental start date.
• 7. All rentals are subject to standard terms and conditions of the Europcar Rental Agreement in effect at the time and place of rental. Minimum rental age and pre-requisites to drive a Europcar vehicle may vary from country to country and by car category. For any further information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Hire of your country of rental, by clicking here and selecting your country of rental.
• 8. Specific make/model preferences are subject to availability at the time of rental.
• 9. Rental days are based on 24-hour periods commencing at the time of pick up. Additional day charges will apply if the Europcar vehicle is kept longer than specified (additional days begin after a 30-minute grace period and will be billed at the available public rate).
• 10. All drivers are informed that any information is supplied voluntarily in order to provide the car rental service and will be stored on a computerized database that all drivers can consult at any time to review and rectify his/her personal data on request to the Europcar Sales Administration Department of its country of residence.
• 11. These Prepayment Terms and Conditions have been issued under French law and are accessible on www.europcar.com hosted on French territory. French law is applicable.
• 12. If You have prepaid your booking in the capacity of a business renter, any dispute arising from your booking shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Versailles Commercial Court (or, when the rental is with a Europcar subsidiary or franchisee, the competent court of the place of registration of the Europcar subsidiary or franchisee).